Sunday 3 December 2017

Take A Few Moments To Reflect...



While most people tend to take time out at the end of the festive period to reflect on what they have achieved, what they need to work on and improve, I have always had the habit of doing this at the early end of December. 
I have found over the year, that doing this, has really helped me to keep myself on track during the holidays, but more importantly, to hit the ground running, and also sticking to my commitments when January did eventually come around. 
So... Let's take a moment to reflect on your last year...
How did you get on?
Do you even remember what your 'resolutions' were last year?
Do you feel like you made progress towards your goals?
Did your goals change over the year?
Do you have a clearer picture of what it takes to achieve the success you desire today than you did in January?
Some years, looking back... I felt like I didn't make any progress at all. In other years, I felt like everything had changed and what I thought was important, didn't seem so significant, and yet even in other years, I got so tied up with new projects and other people's plans that I barely did anything for my own growth. 

Over time however, I realised that even the "unsuccessful" years were helping me to subtly lay the foundations and while imperceptible at the time, did amount to having a great impact on my personal growth. 
This kind of foundation building can lead to huge future growth, though...
And if you are anything like me, you can get a bit impatient at times...Like wanting to be 10 steps farther ahead than you are at all times.
It is totally natural...Be patient with yourself!

Dealing with challenges in your life is a tough business... Advertising make it sound easy so they can sell you products that promise you that you will be rid of a certain challenge for good, but the truth of the matter is that it takes a ton of perseverance, hard work and trial and error.
Looking back, it all makes sense why it took me so long and I know you don't have to take THAT long!
Because I'm able to help guide you around some of the huge mistakes I made that set me back years.
And that is my goal here...
To help guide you to the shortest path to achieve the success you desire...
But you have to put in the work on your end... I can't do that part for you.
I can, however, remind you that I'm right here on my end putting in the work, too.
Eager to reach the next level, too!
So you aren't alone.
And we are in this together!
Stay strong and be gentle with yourself through this process...
Most people don't have the courage to even try to recognise where their life is and commit to making a change for the better.
Most people don't have the perseverance to keep going after the first few failures.
And I've got a feeling that 2018 is going to be a breakout year for us both!








No comments:

Post a Comment